I have to admit that my heart skips a beat when I even catch a glimpse of today's steal, the Lost and Found Collections by My Mind's Eye. I was beyond delighted when I knew that I would be able to make cards for today's Monday Card Madness using the Union Square and Madison Avenue collections. Because of the elegance of the papers, I decided to keep with a very simple design for the cards.
One of the first things that I think of when I see these papers are a cute little bistro or pastry shop, so I wanted to duplicate the look of a little store awning for my cards by layering three rows of scalloped edge paper.
The embellishments that come with the collections finished of my cards with that little touch of vintage flair that I was seeking.
The cards that you have all been posting on our Facebook fan page are simply gorgeous. Be sure to take the time to send someone a little joy in the mail by mailing out one of your beautiful, heartfelt creations.
In case you've missed it, here's another reminder regarding our current card swap.
Card Swap Details
- Create 10 cards of any variety, signed on the back (we all want to know who made what).
- Cards must include envelopes.
- Mail the cards to our warehouse, to be received no later than June 3oth. (ScrapbookSteals, ATTN: Card Swap, 2181 S. California Ave., #400, Salt Lake City, UT 84104).
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org once your cards have shipped so that I know whose cards to be on the lookout for.
- I will then swap the cards and return cards from ten different artists to you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Have a wonderful Monday and we will see you tomorrow for How To'sday!