Can you believe that Valentines Day is just barely over 25 days away? (26 if I’m counting right!) If you’re like me and just barely thought about putting away your Silhouette Advent Calendar from Christmas, think again! Why not turn it into a work of love? Don’t have one yet? Then today is your chance to pick one up and get creating a countdown to the day of hearts and kisses.
One of our good friends Staci Jones, recently converted her Silhouette Advent Calendar into a darling creation to give to her husband to count the many ways that she loves him. Granted I’m not exactly sure what Staci has hidden in those drawers for her hunny, but the display is something that would make anyone’s heart melt!
I’m so inspired by her creation that I figure I’d better give my calendar a face lift too!
Not sure what to put inside of your drawers? Well, if you’re creating your advent for a significant other, then here are a few ideas that you may be able to tuck inside with a little kiss of chocolate.
- A pass for a free massage
- An invite to share a bubble bath
- A love letter
- A poem, written by you
- A candle to burn later on
- Movie tickets
- Invite to dinner at his favorite restaurant
- Create a custom crossword puzzle with clues that pertain to your relationship
- A picture of a tulip with a note saying “I’ve got two-lips waiting for you”
- A picture of wildflowers with a note saying “for my wild man”
- A gift card to your favorite ice cream parlor
- A garter with a special note attached
- Love coupons
- A copy of your wedding vows
- A verse from a favorite song attached to an iTunes gift card
- A tiny teddy bear with a note attached saying “I can’t bear being away from you”
- A little monkey with a note attached saying “let’s monkey around”
- A note telling him how much you appreciate the work he does
- A gift card to a lingerie store — see what he brings home!
- A small vile of massage oil
- A Chinese fortune cookie with the fortune replaced with something romantic
Want to gear your advent toward your children? Attach reasons why you love them and special things that make you smile.
Whatever it is that you decide to do, the Silhouette Advent Calendar is a sure way to make the countdown to any celebration or holiday just that much more special.
Have a great weekend! I’ll see you Monday with another Monday Card Madness.