Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was fantastic and made even a little bit cheerier by having the chance to play with one of today’s steals, the Green Collection by My Little Shoebox. The brilliant colors, the woodgrain paper and other fun patterns in this collection genuinely make me happy and I even had to smile at the little snails. Heaven only knows I appreciated the smile as I was creating these in the midst of snow flurries!
The strong lines in some of the papers in this collection are really what drove the design in today’s sketch. These cards came came together in a snap simply by cutting some of the strips out of the Portobello paper. I then layered a couple of shapes from the die cut sheet, added a bit of ribbon to one card and buttons to the other and my cards were done!
I kept the same basic design for this card but created it in the A2 size.
Lastly I couldn’t resist using the Happy Valley paper and creating this simple card.
Can you believe I was so excited about reminding you about our holiday card swap last week that I forgot to announce the winner of our September card drawing? (Well, honestly I can believe it. 😉 )
A shout out of congratulations goes to Dilnaz Heckman.
Dilnaz, if you will please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your address we will be happy to send a prize out to you!
If you would like to be eligible to be the random winner of our October Monday Card Madness drawing all you need to do is have your card creation posted somewhere on line and linked to one of the Monday Card Madness blog posts by November 4th at 11:59PM MST.
And here is this weeks reminder on our current card swap:
- This particular swap is a holiday-themed swap.
- Create 10 cards following a Christmas, holiday or winter theme. (*Please leave me a note if you have a preference of Christmas or Holiday cards and I will do my best to sort accordingly).
- All cards must include envelopes.
- Cards must be received at the Scrapbook Steals warehouse by November 7, 2011. (Scrapbook Steals, Attn: Card Swap, 2181 California Ave., #400, SLC, UT 84045)
- Once your cards have gone postal, be sure to send an email to email@example.com letting me know they are on their way.
- Lastly wait patiently for 10 amazing creations by different artists to find their way back to your door!
Have a great day and be sure to check in tomorrow for our next How To’sday tutorial!