Every once in awhile there is a tool that comes out on the market which is the next best thing since sliced bread. I have to say that the accessory kit which comes with today’s steal the Xyron Design Runner makes using the handy printing machine an absolute breeze! I had so much fun making pretty, straight lines of the different designs which come with the Design Runner.
The only hard part about using today’s steal was trying to decide which design to use on my card for this week!
I decided that I would truly take to heart all of the wonderful cards that were given to me for my birthday and use them as inspiration pieces for the upcoming Monday Card Madness sketches. I love that I will be able to share not only a little piece of me, but a little piece of some of you as well.
This week I based my card sketch off of this card made by Melanie Carey.
I changed things up ever so slightly and came up with this sketch.
I love the whimsical design and how the inside of the card is exposed. I thought that would be the perfect location to add a row of flowers using the Xyron Design Runner.
Now don’t forget to send out these lovely cards you make each week. Brighten someone’s day with joy!
In case you’ve missed it and are in the U.S., you may have just enough time to get in on our current card swap. Here are the details.
Card Swap Details
- Create 10 cards of any variety, signed on the back (we all want to know who made what).
- Cards must include envelopes.
- Mail the cards to our warehouse, to be received no later than June 3oth. (ScrapbookSteals, ATTN: Card Swap, 2181 California Ave., #400, Salt Lake City, UT 84104).
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org once your cards have shipped so that I know whose cards to be on the lookout for.
- I will then swap the cards and return cards from ten different artists to you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
As far as this weeks card challenge goes, be sure to have your cards posted to the Facebook fan page or your own personal blog by Friday, July 1st, 11:59PM MST in order to be eligible for this month’s random prize drawing.
Have a wonderful Monday and we will see you tomorrow for How To’sday!